Today, my Zimbra installation was upgraded from version 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 on my Debian Etch 4.0 server. It looks like everything is working properly after the upgrade.
Short description of the upgrade prosess
- Stop Zimbra and make sure every process has stopped
# su - zimbra # zmcontrol stop # lsof | grep opt | grep zimbra
You should kill all running prosesses lsof gives you before continuing the upgrade.
- Download the latest version of Zimbra
- Make a full backup of /opt/zimbra
- Unpack the installation packag
# tar xfz zcs-5.0.2_GA_1975.DEBIAN4.0.20080130234700.tgz
- Change directory to the zimbra 5.0.2 directory, start the upgrade and follow the instructions
# cd zcs-5.0.2_GA_1975.DEBIAN4.0.20080130234700 # ./install