This is a simple way to synchronize all the files from the current computer to a remote computer using SSH as transportation protocol.
rsync -raz --progress --delete --bwlimit=4096 /synchronize/from/this-folder/ remote-server:/to/this-folder/
This example is using PUT as transfer method because the files are put from the local computer to the remote.
- -r synchronize directories recursive
- a archive, preserves file attributes, ownership, timestamps…
- z compress data, saves bandwidth but is CPU intensive
- –progress shows the progress of all the files that are being syncronized
- –delete delete files remotely that no longer exist locally
- –bwlimit=4096 specify a maximum transfer rate of 4096 kilobytes per second.